Friday, May 4, 2012

My Homemade Facial Mask: The Recipe

My all time favorite homemade facial mask is one that includes only two ingredients: milk & Gerber Oatmeal baby cereal. Yes, baby cereal...and milk. I had leftover oatmeal cereal when Memphis was smaller & figured why not! Lots of facial products have oatmeal in them to soothe skin. It felt really good after being out in the sun.





So, how do you make this oatmeal mask?
1.) Just pour about 1/2 cup of cereal into a bowl.
2.) Add just enough milk to make a paste. Not to runny, not too thick.
3.) Use your fingers to apply to your face and neck. Rub in a circular motion & spread it around.
4.) Let sit for about 15 minutes or until dry.
6.) Rinse off with warm water.
7.) Splash face a few times with cold water. This closes the pores. Then, pat dry.

I use this about 1-2 times per week depending on my makeup usage. Meaning, if I'm home most days & not wearing any makeup, I wait longer between applications.

I have tried using the rice cereal but, it just didn't leave my skin feeling as nice as the oatmeal did.

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment