Monday, April 16, 2012

Fabric Covered Boxes




I have seen these all over the internet and thought I would make a few. I haven't added liners yet...and I might not for these. I'm thinking these will be great for boxing up toys lying around the livingroom.
I used random cardboard boxes I had lying around...from diapers, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.
I then got out a bolt of upholstery fabric I got a few years ago on FreeCycle and some hot glue and scissors.
I measured and cut out a cross shape to cover the bottom and 4 sides, then glued it on starting with the bottom.
Since I did not add a sewn liner, I cut pieces to glue to the insides as well.
I will add a picture tutorial later. I didn't have my camera with me during these.
The colors are actually prettier in person...the green and blue look more like peacock colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment