Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WIP-scarf

I'm working on a hello kitty scarf for my mom. I hope she likes it. I didnt think I had any black for the scarf itself but I finally found some.
Scarf pattern is by Teresa on Learn to Crochet
For the h.k. face, I just made a chain slightly smaller than the width of the scarf, sc in 2nd chain from hook and each chain across. 
Then I ch1, and increased (2sc in same stitch)at the beginning and end of the row for a few rows.
I then sc each row evenly through row 10.
Once I got to row 11, I made a sc2tog/scdec at the beginning and end of the row for a few rows. 
This was all made up in my head so there are a few things I would like to change next time.

Ears: join yarn on the top a few sts left of center. ch1 & sc next 7 sts. (7sc total)
Ch1, turn. Sc2tog/scdec 2sts, sc next 3 sts, sc2tog/scdec last 2 sts. (5 sc total)
Ch1, turn. Sc2tog/scdec 2sts, sc next st, sc2tog last 2 sts. (3sc total)
Ch1, turn. Sc2tog, sc last st. (2sc total)
Ch1,turn. Sc2tog. (1sc). Fasten Off. Weave in ends.
Repeat for 2nd ear.
For a neater look, join yarn and sc all the way around around.
The bow:
ch11
1.)sc in 2nd chain from hook and each chain across. (10sc)
2.)ch1, sc across. Repeat for about 4-5 rows. (10sc) F.O.
I then made a chain of 8 and secured it around the middle of the bow.

Pic to come in a bit!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment